My name is Ilaria Benecchi and I also answer to VidiSkribi.
I work as I live, passionately.
Myself in a nutshell:
- Freelance translator French and English into Italian
- Translations – Transcreation – Post editing – Revision
- I have worked in the field of translations since 1999
- I have a degree in Conference Interpreting and Translation
- SFT member
- I am an aggregate member of AITI
- Member of the Proz.com Certified Pro Network
- ACTA member
- I firmly believe in ongoing training
- What my clients say about me
For a detailed resumé, please contact me.
Translating DOESN’T mean creating the
same text as the source
It means creating a text that communicates the same message in a different language and culture.
It’s a delicate process – it looks simple enough, but many different elements are involved: a thorough knowledge of both the source and target languages, cultures and countries, as well as the subject of the translation itself. A solid background in copywriting, terminology research and glossary creation is also crucial. Last but not least, mastery of the most up-to-date computer tools is essential to support the translation process.
Languages: French and English to Italian
Fields of specialization:
- Sustainable development
- Corporate social responsibility
- Agriculture and food industry
- Oenology and gastronomy
- Cosmetics and fragrances
- Technical translation
Translating advertising and marketing texts IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
But it’s not a simple matter either.
Communication, marketing, editorial and web language are very often creative, figurative and full of quotations and cultural idioms. Translating these texts is particularly complex: experience as well as natural talent all play a vital role. The result? A text that preserves the same mood as the source text and reaches the public with the same force as the original. This is also true with very tricky text types, such as taglines and headlines.
- Slogans, taglines, headlines
- Communication, marketing and advertising texts
- Press releases
- Web texts (blogs, news, newsletters…)
You can do a bad or mediocre job, but for me there’s only one way to work: with 100% commitment. And that makes every task a very exciting one.
A job well done is worth a thousand words, as anyone who works with me can confirm.
- Professional, proactive and friendly approach
- Total accuracy in task management
- Punctuality in meeting deadlines